Cultural Association MAEVA 2
PURPOSE OF THE ASSOCIATION
The name of the "Maeva", means "Welcome" in the Polynesian language. The Association aims to promote the dissemination of knowledge and cultures of indigenous people around the Mediterranean through events and activities that reflect the traditions, in order to facilitate and integrate, brotherhood and cultural exchanges, with particular attention given to artistic forms of literature, music, visual, dancing, cooking, etc.
Najma Asani founded a dance troupe composed of her best students. To be part of this "hand-picked body" one must follow certain rules and meet certain requirements.
1. Those who dance in the ASANI GROUP don’t dance for competition but with the heart, what expresses is joy, do not wish to appear???.
2. Those who belong to the ASANI GROUP has respect for herself and for her body, so there is nothing that can harm her health or that of others (does not take alcohol or drugs, no smoking, no chewing gum during rehearsals or shows).
3. Those who belong to the ASANI GROUP has respect for the discipline that practice, so doesn’t perform in equivocal environments or circumstances that doesn’t enhance belly dancing as a dance art-form.
4. Those who belong to the ASANI GROUP has respect for the audience, so do not wear provocative clothing or that may insult the decency of the spectators.
5. Those who belong to the ASANI GROUP has respect for the teacher and listens to the advice of fellow who has more years of experience, does not take initiatives without consulting the director of the ballet, not missing rehearsals more than two consecutive times (except in case of serious illness).
6. The choreographies created by the teacher for ballet performances are not reproducible for personal purposes as they are protected by copyright.
7. Those who belong to the ASANI GROUP respect the work of artists, so she will not play counterfeit CDs or tapes, does not violate copyright law, but only purchase original music.
8. Those who belong to the ASANI GROUP respects the art that practices, so that strives to improve their technique according to the method of their teacher, according to the path and steps down.
9. Those who belong to the ASANI GROUP doesn’t have the goal of wearing a beautiful dress in front of an audience, but to express her best self, having learned the technique well, all her joy of dancing, whatever costume she wears.
10. Those who belong to the ASANI GROUP knows they are free not to abide by these rules and thus has the choice to leave the ballet company at any time if she thinks she cannot respect them.